I. Introduction to SHINE
Welcome to the online training for SHINE Leaders.
What is SHINE?
SHINE is a women’s Christ-centered self-help group.
The platform we use to gather and communicate with our group is Tribalry.
Tribalry is a private social platform for any group with a common purpose and culture. We have chosen this platform because of its relationship building principles that will help us achieve our purposes.
SHINE serves two vital purposes:
#1 To connect mentors to a greater audience through relationship building.
#2 To create an environment of trust and support to women who are striving to reach their divine potential.
How do we accomplish these purposes?
– Through educating and inspiring members through mentor-written articles.
– Opening ourselves to vulnerability and authenticity through story/experience sharing.
– Engaging in relavent conversations through a forum-based question and answer section.
– Holding live events such as retreats, speaking engagements and workshops.
II. SHINE Leader Commitments
What are the responsibilities of a SHINE Leader?
– As a SHINE Leader you commit to sharing particles of your light by writing brief articles once a month that will uplift and inspire and give insight into your particular message.
What date would you like to be your date each month? Email me to let me know and I will send you a message 3 days prior to remind you!
Watch this quick video to see how easy this is!
– You also commit to connecting with members of the tribe through the many different facets of Tribalry: STORIES, TRIBEFIRE, AUCTIONS and EVENTS. Set a day each week to check into the site to engage in meaningful discussions through comments and conversations. Consider sharing your own stories and asking questions; the more you engage, the more relationships you will build and the greater your potential will be to connect to your audience on a deeper level.
What will your tribe day be? If you would like a reminder each week by text or email, let me know by email.
Here is another quick video to walk you through how to share STORIES
– Commit to at least one live event each year. We will strive for a retreat 2-3 times a year to start with. We would love to have 3-5 mentors presenting their message with an accompanying workshop or activity. These will be paid events, but we will offer a discount to tribe members. Non-SHINE members would be welcome also at full-price rate.
Outside of live events, consider offering a discount to SHINE members to your personal engagements or other opportunities to experience your message.
– Within SHINE we have a section for auctions. Once a quarter consider offering a sample of your work to the auction. This is an opportunity to offer a risk-free experience to one member of SHINE at a time. Many women have a hard time justifying the cost of mentorships and programs, but if they get close enough to you to feel your light, they will grow to trust you and know the benefit of such guidance first hand, thus making it easier for them to set aside the time and resources to call on you personally.
For an overview about the site as a whole, here is a 5 minute overview video. Check it out to familiarize yourself with the site.
III. 5 Vital Principles
Five important principles to make this an effective platform for relationship building:
#1 Decide to Tribe: Are you committed with one foot in and one foot out? Only you can answer that. By committing to the date and day above with your whole heart you have Decided to Tribe. The type of relationship building we strive for in SHINE works better than typical networking because it is connects us heart to heart. Use the platform to maintain deepen connections over time. Decide to Tribe!
#2 Invisible Threads: Every opportunity in life can be traced back to a relationship. These are called invisible threads. Take a moment to think about the opportunities in life. What relationship led you to that opportunity? Relationship building is key to greater opportunities in life.
#3 Avoid Relationship Arrogance: You know the saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” When you walk into a room do you immediately evaluate who you will spend your energy on? Who you will talk to? Who you might relate to? Who will be a potential client based on how they look? Who has what you need? Avoid that type of arrogance. Reserve judgment until you’ve had meaningful interaction.
#4 Develop Relationships Just Because: Just be friends with people just because. Think of how you met your favorite people in life. Did it start because of what value you placed on them before talking to them or did you become friends just because and now you can’t live without them? Every person you meet is a potential relationship to build.
#5 Learn, Serve, Grow: As you learn about people you will learn how best to serve them. When you serve someone in a meaningful way your relationship grows. As you follow the above principles and follow through with the commitments detailed above, you will find that this pattern will naturally take place. The more we model the Learn, Serve, Grow Principle as SHINE Leaders the more the women in our tribe will grow into the culture that we are striving for and be a support to each other as well.
IV. Setting Up Your SHINE Profile
If you haven’t already, now is the time to complete your registration and login. If you haven’t received it, please request one by emailing me at email@example.com.
First things first. Log in. Add a profile picture. My Hut>Profile
Upload a profile picture so we know who you are.
Second, fill in your personal info. My Hut>Profile>Display Name
Put your full name followed by SHINE Leader.
Third, write a short Biography. Something to introduce us to who you are and what your message is about.
Lastly, fill in contact info along with your preferred title. My Hut>Account
Add your email and phone number if you’d like to be able to be contacted personally.
Under Company, I suggest putting your preferred title and what you specialize in.
Example: Adult Play Therapist (Company) Public Speaker, Group Therapy (Position)
Or if you own a company, put that and what position you hold, i.e. CEO, Founder, facilitator.
V. Increasing Our Circle of Influence
– Invite your followers to this group. We will ask all SHINE Leaders to do the same, thus increasing our potential to build new relationships. I will be making a video that you can share, but I haven’t made it yet. I will also provide you with pass-along/business cards that you can hand out at your speaking engagements and outside events. Please let me know how else I can assist you. I am your SHINE Tribe Leader and am at your service!
– Although our focus is on helping you connect to your audience, take advantage of building relationships with the other SHINE Leaders. This tribe will be a treasure trove of great leaders whose only drive is to better the world and help others reach their divine potential. I don’t know that you could find better friends than those who live to bring others to Christ and live as they testify — that is my hope for all of you. I am committed to gathering the brightest lights. With your help, and the help of God, we will gather all those who are meant to be in this group and achieve His purpose.
If you know of any mentors who would be great for SHINE, please feel free to share this link with them. It is a link to a questionnaire that will help me know a little about them and will help them understand what SHINE is. Female Mentor Questionnaire: http://goo.gl/forms/fMQcBuI3ti
Be brilliant. Reach for greatness. Be the very brightest YOU. Let your light SHINE.
Please feel free to call, text or email me at any time with questions about our group. I am willing to do a conference call with anyone who would like a personal walk through!