We have all heard this phrase: There is a time and season for all things. When the kids are little that means that there is less time and energy for many things you used to do or wish you could do. For those who love those little years, but also want to create and do many things for yourself or for your community, I share with you 10 things that God has taught me on how to stay connected with Him, my kids and spouse (my highest priorities) and still be able to accomplish all that he has sent me here to do.
1. Set aside time to fulfill your joys and passions.
2. Take the kids with you as often as possible.
3. Have a team; build a tribe around you. They say it takes a village to raise a child… it also takes a village to do everything else.
5. Study God’s pattern for how he accomplishes so much. (Psst… he delegates a lot!)
6. Believe God when he says he’s your father and that you can be like him. He can do incredible things, so can you.
7. Develop spiritual gifts. Pray for all of them!
8. Seek to be on His errand. When we do what he needs us to do, he makes all other time, even the smallest moment worth the weight of gold.
9. Simply your life. Less stuff to clean is more time to play and connect with others.
10. Spend all other time with family being as present as you know how. Get within 7″ of each of your children and spouse daily.
I’d love to hear what is on your list!